G3 Sunland Derby winner Hence will be ridden by Florent Geroux for the first time in the Grade 1 Kentucky Derby on May 6 at Churchill Downs.
- According to a post on the @FastAccurate Twitter account, Tyler Gaffalione will keep the mount on Grade 3 Spiral Stakes victor Fast and Accurate for the Kentucky Derby.
- Robby Albarado, the regular rider of Derby hopeful J Boys Echo, will miss the Run for the Roses after suffering a compound lower leg fracture when thrown from his mount several strides out of the starting gate during the eighth race at Keeneland on April 23.
- Trainer Dale Romans said Luis Saez, Gary Stevens, Corey Nakatani and Kent Desormeaux were among those being considered to ride J Boys Echo on the first Saturday in May.
- Grade 2 Louisiana Derby hero Girvin, the leader in Derby qualifying points with 150, had a scheduled April 24 work at Keeneland postponed and trainer Joe Sharp said his charge will now have an official exercise session on April 28.
- Grade 3 Illinois Derby champ Multiplier will be considered for Pimlico’s Grade 1 Preakness Stakes on May 20.
- Illinois Derby runner-up Hedge Fund could be pointed for the Sir Barton Stakes on the Preakness undercard.
- Meantime, an easy winner of an April 22 maiden special weight contest at Keeneland, could target the June 10 Grade 1 Belmont Stakes.