By US Racing Team
The $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (G1) for 3-year-olds is Saturday at Parx Racing, located just outside Philadelphia. The post-position draw was held Monday, and a field of seven was entered for a race considered a key prep for the Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita Park on Nov. 2.
The morning-line odds will be out Tuesday, with Haskell Invitational (G1) winner Maximum Security a likely choice as the favorite.
Maximum Security finished first in the Kentucky Derby (G1), but was disqualified to 17th for interference in the stretch. The colt trained by Jason Servis has won five of seven career starts.
Here’s the field in post-position order (horse, trainer, jockey
- Math Wizard (Saffie Joseph, Jr., Edgard Zayas)
- Improbable (Bob Baffert, Mike Smith)
- Shanghai Superfly (Marcos Zulueta, Frankie Pennington)
- War of Will (Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione)
- Spun to Run (Juan Carlos Guerrero, Paco Lopez)
- Mr. Money (Bret Calhoun, Gabriel Saez)
- Maximum Security (Jason Servis, Luis Saez)